17 February 2011

Short Story.

I, have a boring life. Hence, any event that takes place out of my regular routine is considered extraordinary.

So, on this particular evening of my life, I was driving on the road on my journey back home from school. The air conditioner was on its full blast mode as the scorching sun had no mercy on us earthlings and the heat was just unbearable.

All that I had in mind was to get home as soon as possible, then indulge myself in a heavenly cold shower after a long day of hectic schedule. Judging from the emptiness of the highway, I conveniently concluded that it was rather safe to accelerate. And the next thing I did was step harder on the accelerator and my car sped through the empty lane like a fast breeze in air.
Then, suddenly, out of no where, just like how a car accident is always described - a loud thump was heard and I shrieked in terror; only this time, the accident victim did not hit another car or a poor pedestrian. Instead, it was a cow accident. That explained the long "Moooo~" moan that I heard before crashing my head on the steering wheel.

I totally had no idea how, when and where did the clumsy creature dash out from. It was only when I came to and regained my composure, did I realize that my windscreen was still intact, but splashed with fresh blood like a piece of abstract art, the front part of the car fully dented and the cow had already dropped dead on the ground.

But above all: I was fined by the police for reckless driving and causing the death of a sacred Holy creature of our Indian community.

No comments: