28 June 2010

Second Chance

For 2 weeks, I was cranky, upset and frustrated.
For there was no justice from what I had witnessed with both bare eyes and certainly it pained me to think about the future.
Yeah, it was the naked truth.

Hot-tempered, awful words I blurted without any second thoughts. Selfish, ruthless. The atmosphere at home was doomed. I knew everyone shared my agony, that was what made things worse.

I prayed hard at night before I got to bed that it was nothing but a nightmare. Something that I wouldn't wish to relive in my dreams. But for umpteenth time I checked on the webpage, it still showed the same result.

Feeling dejected, I felt nothing but empty. Lost in the world so wide, I didn't know what else to grasp on before being taken away by the merciless tidal waves.

I moved on, didn't know how I found back my self and spirit to keep on going. I just knew, that was what I needed to do. One week left for the Semester exam, with a disaster like that, my concentration was totally disturbed. My schedule was ruined, many times of silent cries in the bathroom, my mood was just like a rocky boat. Swayed up and down, aimless.

I had only one question every night before I went to bed : why is it so unfair?

Many times, I tried to muster my courage and apologize for my unpredictable mood swings, but all I managed was to tear and hide back.

However, I learned my most valuable lesson through the hardest way : The biggest love you can get is family love.

They gave me the reassurance. They became my crutch, lifted me up. Helped me to look for my lost confidence. Became my lost hands and mind. Thank you.

They made me felt safe.

I knew I belonged.

Now that I'm given a second chance, I had nothing else to wish for. Every time I took up the joss sticks, all that I could ask for is good health for my family.

Nothing can change my love for them.
" But love, I've come to understand, is more than 3 words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day. "

-- The Wedding, Nicholas Sparks.

No comments: