
I, myself, have been a pretty active Gavelier of the 1st Malaysian Gavel Club. This club is a place where young junior Toastmasters meet and show the world how much they've got to flatter you with their words and gift of gap. We have been through thick and thin, long and short. lol. together.
And yes, together here we are again, becoming guardian angels of all the 24 participants who took part and enjoyed themselves to bits and pieces in our this community project - the Youth Leadership Programme. It was my pride and honour to be the mentor of 2 young and charming teens. The first impression that they gave me was they were timid, shy and quiet. But from them, i have learnt a lot. While i was having practice sessions with my mentees, i was also secretly indulging myself in my favourite hobby - some deep thinking.
From Tse Huey, the most timid and shy girl I've ever met, i learned that in life, we ought to be good listeners in order to be a great speaker. I made her practiced and practiced, rehearsed and rehearsed her speech, again and again, because somehow, i found that her voice was sweet and from that voice, I heard the sound of music.
Tse Huey, be confident in yourself, in anything that you do.
N in Qin Hui, I see the good of not taking things seriously. After all, who does? Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, and at the end of the game, you just get off and game's over. All you need to do is just to have fun!
I got to know superb, fantastic, bubbly and cheerful lil kids there. Wanna know them?
It feels good to know that someone cares for you,
peiqi.
No comments:
Post a Comment